Thank you for expressing interest in becoming a member of TMI Project’s Board of Directors.
TMI Project is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The diversity of our workforce and of our board of directors is essential to accomplishing TMI Project’s mission as it is important to have a workforce and leadership that reflects the communities we serve. We are grateful for your expressed interest and happy to answer any questions. Based on a self-assessment of our current Board of Director’s strengths and weaknesses, we’re currently looking for new members with experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Racial justice, gender equity, LGBTQIA+ rights, and/or mental health awareness
- Documentary film distribution/audience engagement, and/or digital content development
- Fundraising, grant writing, and/or sales
- Hold a strong conviction that storytelling is social justice, and by joining forces with TMI Project, you will help us change the world one story at a time.
- Be an advocate and ambassador for TMI Project — be well-versed in our history, mission, and vision.
- Promote TMI Project programs and performances, and volunteer at events whenever possible.
- Participate in professional development training and an annual TMI Project True Storytelling mini-workshop.
- Participate in fundraising, suggest board prospects, and give an annual financial donation of any amount that is personally meaningful to you.
- Attend board meetings (every other month) where we collectively review and approve the budget, participate in strategic planning, engage in regular self-assessment, conduct an annual evaluation of the Executive Director, and periodic evaluation of the organization.
- Act in accordance with the bylaws and conflict-of-interest/confidentiality policies, and ensure the legal and ethical integrity of TMI Project.
- Serve on at least one committee as needed.